Monday, October 22
Objective: Reducing Fractions/Adding Fractions with Unlike Denominators
1. Go over 5 questions from CBA
2. Review equivalent fractions with dice activity.
3. Guided Math Stations: Students will finish the last 2 stations from Friday.
Meet With Teacher- Use pattern blocks to introduce adding fractions with unlike denominators. (Engaging Mathematics)
At Your Seat- Think sheet over reducing fractions
Technology- IPS Question in Google Classroom
Hands On- "Rolling, Rolling, Rolling" Equivalent Fractions Activity
Tuesday, October 23
Objective: Adding Fractions with Unlike Denominators.
1. iStation for 30 minutes.
2. Go over the last 5 questions from their CBA. Students will take this home.
3. Share IPS Question from previous stations.
4. Lesson over adding fractions using fraction strips. Students will draw different examples in their journal.
5. Students will demonstrate this concept on their own, and turn it in. Students will include drawings of their fraction strips with the work they turn in.
Pass out weekly math homework-due Friday.
Wednesday, October 24
Objective: Subtracting Fractions with Unlike Denominators.
1. IPS- Adding Fractions (Google Classroom)
2. Routine Activity- Number Talks
3. Lesson over subtracting fractions using fraction strips. Students will draw different examples in their journal.
4. Students will demonstrate new concept on their own, and turn it in. Students will include drawings of their fraction strips with the work they turn in.
Thursday, October 25
Objective: Review of Adding/Subtracting Fractions with Unlike Denominators
1. IPS Question over subtracting fractions in Google Classroom.
2. Meet with Teacher to review adding and subtracting fractions
3. Complete Task cards with a partner. Check answer sheet.
Friday, October 26
Objective: Mixed and Improper Fractions
1. Grade Homework
2. IPS Question in Google Classroom
3. Use fraction circles to teach improper fractions and mixed numbers. At each table there are different fraction circles. Create improper fractions and mixed number with the fraction circles. Groups will rotate from table to table to find all of the different improper fractions and mixed numbers.
4. Complete Think Sheet
Envision Math (PEARSON REALIZE)- Go through the LISD Learning Hub to access your Pearson Realize Textbook.
To review multiplication facts, go to: www.multiplication.com
Google Classroom is here.
Google Classroom code for: